- Financial Insights is now TheEconomicAnalyst.com
- Very important message to my readers
- Inflation tops expectations.....is a rate hike now all but assured?; Will Canada be 'going dutch'?
- Stocks sell off as S&P cuts US outlook; Does a drop in foreign demand for Canadian bonds signal rising fixed interest rates?; Greek restructuring would be "catastrophic"
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 2
- China's property bubble at risk?; What is driving oil prices?; Greek bond yields explode as Germany states support for restructuring
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 1
- Bank of Canada holds the line; Royal LePage releases 'research report'; "Canadian 30 year olds are screwed!"
- Measuring the potential economic impact of a housing bust
- "Housing: Real Insanity".....Great article in Canadian Business
October 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: vancouver
It’s that time of the month again. Time to turn our eyes to the month end sales data from the big real estate boards. Frankly these numbers may well be meaningless until a clear trend can be established next month. … Continue reading
It’s that time of the month again. Let’s once again turn our eyes to the stats released by the big real estate boards and look for developing trends. You may recall that finance minister Jim Flaherty announced new mortgage rule … Continue reading
Thanks to everyone for the fantastic responses to the last post on Vancouver data. Almost 60 comments on a single post in 24 hours…..a record for this lowly blog. “Fundamentals eventually mattered…” I’ve been meaning to repost a portion of … Continue reading
A call for data: Just how much of a role does Hot Asian Money play in the Vancouver real estate market?
Vancouver debate continues… I’m currently having an interesting discussion with a couple frequent commenters on this blog in the comment section of a previous post. It’s a discussion that has been pitting the Vancouver housing bulls against the Vancouver housing … Continue reading
BC real estate marketers getting desperate The city of Vancouver is still showing relative strength in sales with most recent data suggesting sales to new listings maintaining a steady 50% reading. We won’t know how sales levels will be affected … Continue reading
Robert Shiller, the Yale economist, famed bubble expert, and co-creator of the Case-Shiller house price index in the US has once again added his thoughts to the Canadians housing miracle: Canada is ‘a purely random success story’: Shiller On the … Continue reading
It’s that time of the month again. Let’s dive into the monthly board stats and see how things are shaping up. The board press releases can be found by clicking on the city name. Victoria Residential sales totaled 339, a … Continue reading
I’ve gotten my hands on the Capital Economics report and will be making another post about it later today. Also, it’s that the time of the month when we disect the most recent board stats. I’m hoping to get that … Continue reading