- Financial Insights is now TheEconomicAnalyst.com
- Very important message to my readers
- Inflation tops expectations.....is a rate hike now all but assured?; Will Canada be 'going dutch'?
- Stocks sell off as S&P cuts US outlook; Does a drop in foreign demand for Canadian bonds signal rising fixed interest rates?; Greek restructuring would be "catastrophic"
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 2
- China's property bubble at risk?; What is driving oil prices?; Greek bond yields explode as Germany states support for restructuring
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 1
- Bank of Canada holds the line; Royal LePage releases 'research report'; "Canadian 30 year olds are screwed!"
- Measuring the potential economic impact of a housing bust
- "Housing: Real Insanity".....Great article in Canadian Business
October 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: unemployment
Employment number misses consensus; US consumers cutting back….will Canadians follow?; Another great CMHC video
Employment misses consensus Stats Canada released their most recent employment numbers today. The headline stat reported in most media outlets is the 15,000 net new jobs created in February. However, aside from that stand-alone headline, the report is actually very … Continue reading
Employment numbers rocking!; Building permits rise on new Ontario condo projects; Big banks begins hiking rates; Ignatieff warns on housing market risks
Employment numbers decidedly above expectation Expectations of 20,000 new jobs added in January were fully blown out of the water by the 69,000 new jobs added by the Canadian economy. Very impressive stuff. If we dig beneath the surface we … Continue reading
Lots of interesting happenings on the economics front from this past week. Here are a few that were on my radar: Canada’s economic recovery not as strong as originally reported Canada no longer leads recovery standings “Revisions released Friday by … Continue reading
Employment picture brightens Stats Canada released the latest job figures today: Employment edged up for the second consecutive month in December, with an increase of 22,000. The unemployment rate held steady at 7.6%. Compared with December 2009, employment increased by … Continue reading