- Financial Insights is now TheEconomicAnalyst.com
- Very important message to my readers
- Inflation tops expectations.....is a rate hike now all but assured?; Will Canada be 'going dutch'?
- Stocks sell off as S&P cuts US outlook; Does a drop in foreign demand for Canadian bonds signal rising fixed interest rates?; Greek restructuring would be "catastrophic"
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 2
- China's property bubble at risk?; What is driving oil prices?; Greek bond yields explode as Germany states support for restructuring
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 1
- Bank of Canada holds the line; Royal LePage releases 'research report'; "Canadian 30 year olds are screwed!"
- Measuring the potential economic impact of a housing bust
- "Housing: Real Insanity".....Great article in Canadian Business
October 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: toronto
It’s that time of the month again. Time to turn our eyes to the month end sales data from the big real estate boards. Frankly these numbers may well be meaningless until a clear trend can be established next month. … Continue reading
It’s that time of the month again. Let’s once again turn our eyes to the stats released by the big real estate boards and look for developing trends. You may recall that finance minister Jim Flaherty announced new mortgage rule … Continue reading
As I’ve noted before, the Toronto condo market is near its saturation point and looks set for a fall. The city currently has 286 active condo projects currently underway, representing 73,953 units — by far the most of any city … Continue reading
Employment numbers rocking!; Building permits rise on new Ontario condo projects; Big banks begins hiking rates; Ignatieff warns on housing market risks
Employment numbers decidedly above expectation Expectations of 20,000 new jobs added in January were fully blown out of the water by the 69,000 new jobs added by the Canadian economy. Very impressive stuff. If we dig beneath the surface we … Continue reading
It’s that time of the month again. Let’s dive into the monthly board stats and see how things are shaping up. The board press releases can be found by clicking on the city name. Victoria Residential sales totaled 339, a … Continue reading
7th annual Demographia Housing Affordability survey released Demographia has released its 7th annual housing affordability survey. The report examines the housing markets across the English speaking world by comparing the mean multiple (essentially the house price to income ratio) of … Continue reading
It’s that time of the month again. We once again turn our eyes to the big realtor boards and dissect the sales, inventory, and price trends in their real estate markets. Click on the city name to see the actual … Continue reading
Home sales in the Greater Toronto Area had shown a significant rebound in year-over-year sales data since bottoming at a -34% reading in July. Home sales had improved on a year-over-year basis through to November, where sales came in a … Continue reading