- Financial Insights is now TheEconomicAnalyst.com
- Very important message to my readers
- Inflation tops expectations.....is a rate hike now all but assured?; Will Canada be 'going dutch'?
- Stocks sell off as S&P cuts US outlook; Does a drop in foreign demand for Canadian bonds signal rising fixed interest rates?; Greek restructuring would be "catastrophic"
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 2
- China's property bubble at risk?; What is driving oil prices?; Greek bond yields explode as Germany states support for restructuring
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 1
- Bank of Canada holds the line; Royal LePage releases 'research report'; "Canadian 30 year olds are screwed!"
- Measuring the potential economic impact of a housing bust
- "Housing: Real Insanity".....Great article in Canadian Business
October 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: stats canada
Employment number misses consensus; US consumers cutting back….will Canadians follow?; Another great CMHC video
Employment misses consensus Stats Canada released their most recent employment numbers today. The headline stat reported in most media outlets is the 15,000 net new jobs created in February. However, aside from that stand-alone headline, the report is actually very … Continue reading
The big news from this week was the shocking rebound in Canadian exports in December, which pushed the balance of trade (exports – imports) well into positive territory at a $3 billion surplus. From Stats Canada: Canada’s merchandise exports rose 9.7% … Continue reading
TD has come out with a very fascinating report in which they’ve assessed the financial vulnerability of households across the country. It’s full of interesting data, though some of them certainly questionable. Perhaps most interestingly, they have made easily available a … Continue reading
Employment picture brightens Stats Canada released the latest job figures today: Employment edged up for the second consecutive month in December, with an increase of 22,000. The unemployment rate held steady at 7.6%. Compared with December 2009, employment increased by … Continue reading
Just a quick post to detail a few developments over the past couple days New home prices rise Stats Canada released its New Home Price Index earlier in the week. New home prices were up 0.2% in September. Just a … Continue reading
The content of this blog continues to go mainstream. We had a couple of survey results released yesterday, the content of which supports what has been said on this wretched blog. My brother used to post some of my email … Continue reading