- Financial Insights is now TheEconomicAnalyst.com
- Very important message to my readers
- Inflation tops expectations.....is a rate hike now all but assured?; Will Canada be 'going dutch'?
- Stocks sell off as S&P cuts US outlook; Does a drop in foreign demand for Canadian bonds signal rising fixed interest rates?; Greek restructuring would be "catastrophic"
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 2
- China's property bubble at risk?; What is driving oil prices?; Greek bond yields explode as Germany states support for restructuring
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 1
- Bank of Canada holds the line; Royal LePage releases 'research report'; "Canadian 30 year olds are screwed!"
- Measuring the potential economic impact of a housing bust
- "Housing: Real Insanity".....Great article in Canadian Business
October 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: report
The ‘tapped out’ consumer Scotia economics has reiterated a call that I’ve been sticking to all year: The Bank of Canada will be highly hesitant to raise rates later this year…..if at all. But for the housing bulls who frequent … Continue reading
We’re discussing the questionable findings of a Bank of America Merril Lynch report titled “Our Homes Have Four Walls” in which they argue that strict lending standards and the generally conservative nature of the Canadian consumer will allow house prices … Continue reading
Bank of America Merill Lynch has released a new report about Canadian real estate titled, “Our Homes Have Four Walls“. Hat tip to Dylan for emailing this to me. The main conclusion of the report is as follows: “Valuation metrics … Continue reading
This is the title of a fascinating new report by TD economics. I have long warned that the possibility of a hard landing in China remains the greatest black swan event for the Canadian (and world) economy. …The Canadian economy … Continue reading
BMO releases draft housing outlook Thanks to TH for sending this my way. In keeping up with Scotia’s housing forecast released earlier this week, BMO has released a similar draft document: Canadian Housing Outloook- 2011 Some key quotes: Over time, … Continue reading
I want to spend a bit more time looking at the Scotia Economics report on Canadian real estate trends released yesterday. The report can be found here. In particular I want to zone in on page 4 which has as … Continue reading