- Financial Insights is now TheEconomicAnalyst.com
- Very important message to my readers
- Inflation tops expectations.....is a rate hike now all but assured?; Will Canada be 'going dutch'?
- Stocks sell off as S&P cuts US outlook; Does a drop in foreign demand for Canadian bonds signal rising fixed interest rates?; Greek restructuring would be "catastrophic"
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 2
- China's property bubble at risk?; What is driving oil prices?; Greek bond yields explode as Germany states support for restructuring
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 1
- Bank of Canada holds the line; Royal LePage releases 'research report'; "Canadian 30 year olds are screwed!"
- Measuring the potential economic impact of a housing bust
- "Housing: Real Insanity".....Great article in Canadian Business
October 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: prices
It’s that time of the month again. Let’s once again turn our eyes to the stats released by the big real estate boards and look for developing trends. You may recall that finance minister Jim Flaherty announced new mortgage rule … Continue reading
Well the monthly round-up is consuming a bit more time than expected. I’m hoping to release the final numbers tomorrow instead. However, I would like to quickly highlight a very brief blog entry by Nobel Prize winning economist Paul Krugman. … Continue reading
I’m just compiling the real estate data from the various boards for the monthly ‘Tour through the board stats’ feature. Should be done later today. In the meantime, I enjoyed this interesting read courtesy of The Economist: Bricks and Slaughter … Continue reading
I want to spend a bit more time looking at the Scotia Economics report on Canadian real estate trends released yesterday. The report can be found here. In particular I want to zone in on page 4 which has as … Continue reading
As I’ve noted before, the Toronto condo market is near its saturation point and looks set for a fall. The city currently has 286 active condo projects currently underway, representing 73,953 units — by far the most of any city … Continue reading
The Teranet Index is an index used to calculate house price increases by using a paired-sales methodology similar to that of the Case-Shiller index in the US. It provides an alternate view of the current state of the housing market. … Continue reading
A call for data: Just how much of a role does Hot Asian Money play in the Vancouver real estate market?
Vancouver debate continues… I’m currently having an interesting discussion with a couple frequent commenters on this blog in the comment section of a previous post. It’s a discussion that has been pitting the Vancouver housing bulls against the Vancouver housing … Continue reading