- Financial Insights is now TheEconomicAnalyst.com
- Very important message to my readers
- Inflation tops expectations.....is a rate hike now all but assured?; Will Canada be 'going dutch'?
- Stocks sell off as S&P cuts US outlook; Does a drop in foreign demand for Canadian bonds signal rising fixed interest rates?; Greek restructuring would be "catastrophic"
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 2
- China's property bubble at risk?; What is driving oil prices?; Greek bond yields explode as Germany states support for restructuring
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 1
- Bank of Canada holds the line; Royal LePage releases 'research report'; "Canadian 30 year olds are screwed!"
- Measuring the potential economic impact of a housing bust
- "Housing: Real Insanity".....Great article in Canadian Business
September 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Tag Archives: interest rates
Bank of Canada holds the line; Royal LePage releases ‘research report’; “Canadian 30 year olds are screwed!”
Bank of Canada holds the line Those with variable rate mortgages can breathe a sigh of relief as the Bank of Canada held the line on interest rates today, as expected, keeping the overnight rate at a paltry 1%. Despite … Continue reading
It’s that time of the month again. Let’s once again turn our eyes to the stats released by the big real estate boards and look for developing trends. You may recall that finance minister Jim Flaherty announced new mortgage rule … Continue reading
I want to spend a bit more time looking at the Scotia Economics report on Canadian real estate trends released yesterday. The report can be found here. In particular I want to zone in on page 4 which has as … Continue reading
Food inflation in China skyrockets Chinese inflation numbers are set to be released tomorrow, with the market expecting a sub-5% reading….lower than anticipated earlier in the year. Despite this, inflation in China is rumored to be running at a double-digit … Continue reading
TD has come out with a very fascinating report in which they’ve assessed the financial vulnerability of households across the country. It’s full of interesting data, though some of them certainly questionable. Perhaps most interestingly, they have made easily available a … Continue reading