- Financial Insights is now TheEconomicAnalyst.com
- Very important message to my readers
- Inflation tops expectations.....is a rate hike now all but assured?; Will Canada be 'going dutch'?
- Stocks sell off as S&P cuts US outlook; Does a drop in foreign demand for Canadian bonds signal rising fixed interest rates?; Greek restructuring would be "catastrophic"
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 2
- China's property bubble at risk?; What is driving oil prices?; Greek bond yields explode as Germany states support for restructuring
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 1
- Bank of Canada holds the line; Royal LePage releases 'research report'; "Canadian 30 year olds are screwed!"
- Measuring the potential economic impact of a housing bust
- "Housing: Real Insanity".....Great article in Canadian Business
October 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: immigration
I continue to work with some CREA data to find historic relationships between house prices and other factors. I posted earlier on the historic correlation between house prices and per capita GDP, which shows significant overvaluation on a nation wide … Continue reading
As I’ve noted before, the Toronto condo market is near its saturation point and looks set for a fall. The city currently has 286 active condo projects currently underway, representing 73,953 units — by far the most of any city … Continue reading
Emotions… For some reason, most discussions about the future prospects of housing in Canada are emotionally charged. We seem to have staked our collective national pride on the fact that we were able to stop a hemorrhaging real estate market … Continue reading
The Hot Asian Money (HAM) story just won’t go away. I’ve already addressed this issue twice in prior posts. But it’s like a bad fart….it just seems to linger. As I have said before, I don’t disagree that there are … Continue reading