- Financial Insights is now TheEconomicAnalyst.com
- Very important message to my readers
- Inflation tops expectations.....is a rate hike now all but assured?; Will Canada be 'going dutch'?
- Stocks sell off as S&P cuts US outlook; Does a drop in foreign demand for Canadian bonds signal rising fixed interest rates?; Greek restructuring would be "catastrophic"
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 2
- China's property bubble at risk?; What is driving oil prices?; Greek bond yields explode as Germany states support for restructuring
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 1
- Bank of Canada holds the line; Royal LePage releases 'research report'; "Canadian 30 year olds are screwed!"
- Measuring the potential economic impact of a housing bust
- "Housing: Real Insanity".....Great article in Canadian Business
September 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Tag Archives: housing bubble
Bank of Canada holds the line; Royal LePage releases ‘research report’; “Canadian 30 year olds are screwed!”
Bank of Canada holds the line Those with variable rate mortgages can breathe a sigh of relief as the Bank of Canada held the line on interest rates today, as expected, keeping the overnight rate at a paltry 1%. Despite … Continue reading
RBC releases first time home buyer survey As Australia wrestles with a housing bubble that dwarfs our own, home buyers in Australia have wisely clued in to the dangers of buying at such inflated prices and have been busy organizing a … Continue reading
The ‘conservative’ Canadian consumer has been often cited as one of the primary reasons for Canada’s miraculous escape from the depths of the Great Recession. In fact, earlier this week, the deputy governor of the Bank of Canada attributed our … Continue reading
Coxe on the Real Estate Bubble If you’re not familiar with Don Coxe, he is a respected Canadian money manager with 35 years of experience as an institutional investor. He is an outspoken commodity bull and noted inflationist. The latest … Continue reading
More media nonsense Another “we’re different from the US therefore we have no housing issues” article has hit the media, this time on the Moneyville website, which is associated with the Toronto Star. Our housing market to side step U.S. … Continue reading
My brother has finished his second video using information contained in the primers on this site. This one explores whether or not the Canadian housing market on aggregate is supported by measures of fundamental value. While some of the data … Continue reading
The Hot Asian Money (HAM) story just won’t go away. I’ve already addressed this issue twice in prior posts. But it’s like a bad fart….it just seems to linger. As I have said before, I don’t disagree that there are … Continue reading
The Teranet House Price index recorded broad month-over-month declines in September. This index calculates price changes by tracking the observed or registered home prices over time. Properties with at least two sales are required in the calculations. Such a “sales … Continue reading