- Financial Insights is now TheEconomicAnalyst.com
- Very important message to my readers
- Inflation tops expectations.....is a rate hike now all but assured?; Will Canada be 'going dutch'?
- Stocks sell off as S&P cuts US outlook; Does a drop in foreign demand for Canadian bonds signal rising fixed interest rates?; Greek restructuring would be "catastrophic"
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 2
- China's property bubble at risk?; What is driving oil prices?; Greek bond yields explode as Germany states support for restructuring
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 1
- Bank of Canada holds the line; Royal LePage releases 'research report'; "Canadian 30 year olds are screwed!"
- Measuring the potential economic impact of a housing bust
- "Housing: Real Insanity".....Great article in Canadian Business
October 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: house
Well the monthly round-up is consuming a bit more time than expected. I’m hoping to release the final numbers tomorrow instead. However, I would like to quickly highlight a very brief blog entry by Nobel Prize winning economist Paul Krugman. … Continue reading
I’m just compiling the real estate data from the various boards for the monthly ‘Tour through the board stats’ feature. Should be done later today. In the meantime, I enjoyed this interesting read courtesy of The Economist: Bricks and Slaughter … Continue reading
I want to spend a bit more time looking at the Scotia Economics report on Canadian real estate trends released yesterday. The report can be found here. In particular I want to zone in on page 4 which has as … Continue reading
A call for data: Just how much of a role does Hot Asian Money play in the Vancouver real estate market?
Vancouver debate continues… I’m currently having an interesting discussion with a couple frequent commenters on this blog in the comment section of a previous post. It’s a discussion that has been pitting the Vancouver housing bulls against the Vancouver housing … Continue reading
CREA released their January Canadian resale numbers today. Not a whole lot in here for either the bear camp or the bull camp to get excited about. The strength in sales and listings were largely expected. In total, sales have … Continue reading
It’s that time of the month again. Let’s dive into the monthly board stats and see how things are shaping up. The board press releases can be found by clicking on the city name. Victoria Residential sales totaled 339, a … Continue reading
I was able to get my hands on the Capital Economics report (hyperlink removed at the request of the authors -ed._ . The report mirrors exactly what I’ve been warning about on this blog…nearly verbatim. You can understand then why … Continue reading
There’s been quite a buzz about Vancouver detached homes hitting a new all-time high. I will address that data in my monthly tour of board stats just as soon as the data packages are released at the other big boards, … Continue reading