- Financial Insights is now TheEconomicAnalyst.com
- Very important message to my readers
- Inflation tops expectations.....is a rate hike now all but assured?; Will Canada be 'going dutch'?
- Stocks sell off as S&P cuts US outlook; Does a drop in foreign demand for Canadian bonds signal rising fixed interest rates?; Greek restructuring would be "catastrophic"
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 2
- China's property bubble at risk?; What is driving oil prices?; Greek bond yields explode as Germany states support for restructuring
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 1
- Bank of Canada holds the line; Royal LePage releases 'research report'; "Canadian 30 year olds are screwed!"
- Measuring the potential economic impact of a housing bust
- "Housing: Real Insanity".....Great article in Canadian Business
October 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: Flaherty
I was going to write a post on this, but John beat me to it when he made a great comment in the comment section of yesterday’s post. We’ll get to that in a minute, but here’s the quote that … Continue reading
The announced mortgage rule change has generated a great deal of coverage in the media and general interest among the public. Yesterday was the busiest day this blog has ever seen, with a huge influx of new readers who stumbled … Continue reading
Flaherty tightens mortgage rules again The tightening of mortgage rules that was expected in the next budget arrived ahead of schedule. Jim Flaherty, Minister of Finance, today announced three changes to mortgage insurance rules which will come in to effect … Continue reading
Once again Mr. Flaherty has stuck his neck out on what will be recognized as one of his great prognostications: No signs of Canadian housing bubble: Flaherty “The evidence is not there that Canada has a housing bubble. In fact, … Continue reading