- Financial Insights is now TheEconomicAnalyst.com
- Very important message to my readers
- Inflation tops expectations.....is a rate hike now all but assured?; Will Canada be 'going dutch'?
- Stocks sell off as S&P cuts US outlook; Does a drop in foreign demand for Canadian bonds signal rising fixed interest rates?; Greek restructuring would be "catastrophic"
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 2
- China's property bubble at risk?; What is driving oil prices?; Greek bond yields explode as Germany states support for restructuring
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 1
- Bank of Canada holds the line; Royal LePage releases 'research report'; "Canadian 30 year olds are screwed!"
- Measuring the potential economic impact of a housing bust
- "Housing: Real Insanity".....Great article in Canadian Business
October 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: credit bubble
The ‘conservative’ Canadian consumer has been often cited as one of the primary reasons for Canada’s miraculous escape from the depths of the Great Recession. In fact, earlier this week, the deputy governor of the Bank of Canada attributed our … Continue reading
7th annual Demographia Housing Affordability survey released Demographia has released its 7th annual housing affordability survey. The report examines the housing markets across the English speaking world by comparing the mean multiple (essentially the house price to income ratio) of … Continue reading
(Note from Ben: The following is a guest post from ‘John in Ottawa’, a frequent commenter on this site. I have added a few of my own thoughts at the end of the post) Recently, Canada’s Finance Minister Flaherty announced … Continue reading
One of the big goals of this blog is to examine the relationship between Canadian house prices, consumer spending, employment, and the Canadian economy in general. If you’ve been reading this blog for any time at all now, you’ll know … Continue reading
The content of this blog continues to go mainstream. We had a couple of survey results released yesterday, the content of which supports what has been said on this wretched blog. My brother used to post some of my email … Continue reading