- Financial Insights is now TheEconomicAnalyst.com
- Very important message to my readers
- Inflation tops expectations.....is a rate hike now all but assured?; Will Canada be 'going dutch'?
- Stocks sell off as S&P cuts US outlook; Does a drop in foreign demand for Canadian bonds signal rising fixed interest rates?; Greek restructuring would be "catastrophic"
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 2
- China's property bubble at risk?; What is driving oil prices?; Greek bond yields explode as Germany states support for restructuring
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 1
- Bank of Canada holds the line; Royal LePage releases 'research report'; "Canadian 30 year olds are screwed!"
- Measuring the potential economic impact of a housing bust
- "Housing: Real Insanity".....Great article in Canadian Business
October 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: bust
Steve Keen is a professor at the University of Western Sydney and is the author of several great books on economics. He also writes the fantastic economics blog, “Debt Deflation“. If you aren’t familiar with his work, you owe it … Continue reading
I’m just compiling the real estate data from the various boards for the monthly ‘Tour through the board stats’ feature. Should be done later today. In the meantime, I enjoyed this interesting read courtesy of The Economist: Bricks and Slaughter … Continue reading
I want to spend a bit more time looking at the Scotia Economics report on Canadian real estate trends released yesterday. The report can be found here. In particular I want to zone in on page 4 which has as … Continue reading
Robert Shiller, the Yale economist, famed bubble expert, and co-creator of the Case-Shiller house price index in the US has once again added his thoughts to the Canadians housing miracle: Canada is ‘a purely random success story’: Shiller On the … Continue reading
I’ve stuck my neck out and predicted that once Canada’s credit bubble bursts, it will wreak havoc on the national real estate market. I believe that we are in a national housing bubble. Though not as extreme as the bubble … Continue reading