- Financial Insights is now TheEconomicAnalyst.com
- Very important message to my readers
- Inflation tops expectations.....is a rate hike now all but assured?; Will Canada be 'going dutch'?
- Stocks sell off as S&P cuts US outlook; Does a drop in foreign demand for Canadian bonds signal rising fixed interest rates?; Greek restructuring would be "catastrophic"
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 2
- China's property bubble at risk?; What is driving oil prices?; Greek bond yields explode as Germany states support for restructuring
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 1
- Bank of Canada holds the line; Royal LePage releases 'research report'; "Canadian 30 year olds are screwed!"
- Measuring the potential economic impact of a housing bust
- "Housing: Real Insanity".....Great article in Canadian Business
September 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Tag Archives: bonds
Bank of Canada holds the line; Royal LePage releases ‘research report’; “Canadian 30 year olds are screwed!”
Bank of Canada holds the line Those with variable rate mortgages can breathe a sigh of relief as the Bank of Canada held the line on interest rates today, as expected, keeping the overnight rate at a paltry 1%. Despite … Continue reading
Deflation in the US The January 2011 edition of the Bank Credit Analyst has been released (hat tip to DR for the head’s up). For copyright reasons I can’t link to it, but I will post a few interesting quotes. … Continue reading
Reality bites! The sobering reality of our economic situation has bitten Mark Carney like an angry terrier. Just a few months after raising interest rates while citing an improving economy, Carney has been on a media whirlwind tour discussing the … Continue reading
What in the world was that? Stocks, gold/silver, and bonds all rally in unison, with the precious metals as the clear winner on the day. Gold finished the North American trading day up almost $55 in what I believe is … Continue reading
Hello all Not too much on the data front this weekend, though there were a couple of articles worth discussing. Let’s start with this piece from the Financial Post titled: Equity rally suggests double-dip unlikely. I’m afraid the ‘analysis’ is … Continue reading