- Financial Insights is now TheEconomicAnalyst.com
- Very important message to my readers
- Inflation tops expectations.....is a rate hike now all but assured?; Will Canada be 'going dutch'?
- Stocks sell off as S&P cuts US outlook; Does a drop in foreign demand for Canadian bonds signal rising fixed interest rates?; Greek restructuring would be "catastrophic"
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 2
- China's property bubble at risk?; What is driving oil prices?; Greek bond yields explode as Germany states support for restructuring
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 1
- Bank of Canada holds the line; Royal LePage releases 'research report'; "Canadian 30 year olds are screwed!"
- Measuring the potential economic impact of a housing bust
- "Housing: Real Insanity".....Great article in Canadian Business
October 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: Bank of Canada
Bank of Canada holds the line; Royal LePage releases ‘research report’; “Canadian 30 year olds are screwed!”
Bank of Canada holds the line Those with variable rate mortgages can breathe a sigh of relief as the Bank of Canada held the line on interest rates today, as expected, keeping the overnight rate at a paltry 1%. Despite … Continue reading
TD has come out with a very fascinating report in which they’ve assessed the financial vulnerability of households across the country. It’s full of interesting data, though some of them certainly questionable. Perhaps most interestingly, they have made easily available a … Continue reading
Building permits plunge I suggested a few days ago that the October and November housing start data were telling vastly different stories. November building permit data released today suggests that the spike in November housing starts, which were driven almost … Continue reading
Reality bites! The sobering reality of our economic situation has bitten Mark Carney like an angry terrier. Just a few months after raising interest rates while citing an improving economy, Carney has been on a media whirlwind tour discussing the … Continue reading
Hat tip to Caleb over at TANSTAAFL CANADA! for this excellent post explaining how low interest rates screw up the economy, a common theme on this site. Caleb has given his permission for this re-post. My favourite thing about getting … Continue reading
Bank of Canada sounds the alarm bell The Bank of Canada released their latest Financial System Review today. While they speak at length of the risks of European contagion, a weak global economy, low interest rates, and global imbalances, it … Continue reading