- Financial Insights is now TheEconomicAnalyst.com
- Very important message to my readers
- Inflation tops expectations.....is a rate hike now all but assured?; Will Canada be 'going dutch'?
- Stocks sell off as S&P cuts US outlook; Does a drop in foreign demand for Canadian bonds signal rising fixed interest rates?; Greek restructuring would be "catastrophic"
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 2
- China's property bubble at risk?; What is driving oil prices?; Greek bond yields explode as Germany states support for restructuring
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 1
- Bank of Canada holds the line; Royal LePage releases 'research report'; "Canadian 30 year olds are screwed!"
- Measuring the potential economic impact of a housing bust
- "Housing: Real Insanity".....Great article in Canadian Business
September 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Category Archives: Primers
One of the big goals of this blog is to examine the relationship between Canadian house prices, consumer spending, employment, and the Canadian economy in general. If you’ve been reading this blog for any time at all now, you’ll know … Continue reading
Hello again In our primers, we’ve now covered some of the important concepts that will be referenced frequently on this blog, namely deflation, the housing bubble, and the significance of mass psychology in financial events. This primer will add on … Continue reading
Hello again In our last primer we looked at how money is created and destroyed in our fractional reserve banking system. We examined the implications of this process on inflation (which buoys asset prices like real estate) and deflation (which … Continue reading