- Financial Insights is now TheEconomicAnalyst.com
- Very important message to my readers
- Inflation tops expectations.....is a rate hike now all but assured?; Will Canada be 'going dutch'?
- Stocks sell off as S&P cuts US outlook; Does a drop in foreign demand for Canadian bonds signal rising fixed interest rates?; Greek restructuring would be "catastrophic"
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 2
- China's property bubble at risk?; What is driving oil prices?; Greek bond yields explode as Germany states support for restructuring
- How important is construction to economic growth and employment across Canada?: Part 1
- Bank of Canada holds the line; Royal LePage releases 'research report'; "Canadian 30 year olds are screwed!"
- Measuring the potential economic impact of a housing bust
- "Housing: Real Insanity".....Great article in Canadian Business
October 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: Guest Posts
Note from Ben: The following post is from John in Ottawa Denmark Makes History with Bondholder Haircut A lot of the controversy surrounding the financial crisis is that bank senior bondholders have not suffered any losses throughout this financial crisis. … Continue reading
(Note from Ben: The following is a guest post from ‘John in Ottawa’, a frequent commenter on this site. I have added a few of my own thoughts at the end of the post) Recently, Canada’s Finance Minister Flaherty announced … Continue reading
Hat tip to Caleb over at TANSTAAFL CANADA! for this excellent post explaining how low interest rates screw up the economy, a common theme on this site. Caleb has given his permission for this re-post. My favourite thing about getting … Continue reading
Note from Ben: I have periodically explored the consequences of government intervention in free markets, which I believe are largely self-defeating and produce unintended long-term consequences. One of the first posts on this lowly blog explored the way in which … Continue reading